The Board of Trustees
Decision making and management of SWRLS CIO is carried out by a Board of Trustees. This is comprised of the three Officers - Chair, Honorary Secretary and Honorary Treasurer - and up to nine Ordinary Trustees. Of the nine, three must represent public libraries, three must represent academic, special or other libraries and three can come from any background. The term of office for Trustees is three years, with the possibility to be elected for three terms of office. The Vice Chair is appointed from the Board by the trustees. Elections take place annually at the AGM, with a third of the trustees elected each year. The Board has a range of responsibilities including the preparation and monitoring of the Strategic Plan, the production of the Annual Report and return to the Charities Commission and financial management, including the production of audited accounts.
The day to day work of the charity is carried out by a part time paid Director who provides strategic and operational support.
- Jill Barker, Trustee (public libraries)
- Jackie Chelin, Chair
- Dawn Downes, Trustee (academic, special and other libraries)
- Helen Chaloner, Trustee
- Donna Gundry, Honorary Secretary
- Merryn Kent, Honorary Treasurer
- Jagruti Majithia, Trustee
- Chris Moore, Trustee (public libraries)
- Jolanta Peters, Trustee (academic, special and other libraries)
- Marie Quinnell, Trustee
The Board of Trustees of SWRLS CIO may be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.