Cookies, privacy and terms
Charity No: 1176414
University of Gloucestershire,
The term 'SWRLS CIO', 'SWRLS', 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website. Our charity registration number is 1176414 in the United Kingdom. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
SWRLS CIO is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
SWRLS CIO may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2015.
What we collect
When you visit the SWRLS CIO website you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name and contact details. We may also collect information about your usage of this website.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, but only if you have also given your consent by ticking the relevant box.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Additionally, none of the cookies we use gather any information that can be used to advertise services or products to you from our or any other website.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files, downloaded to your computer by the browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox etc.) whenever you access a website. They enable websites to store such information as user preferences and login details. They may also be used to record how long you spend browsing each page on a site or what pages you visit most.
Cookies can be thought of as providing a "memory" for the website, enabling it to recognise you and respond appropriately. Generally, cookies are most beneficial to you, the visitor, making your interaction with frequently-visited sites smoother and easier than they would be without them.
When you register with our website, we generate a cookie that indicates whether or not you are currently signed in. The information stored in this cookie will also be used to identify your account, the content that you are able to access as well as to associate any content or comments with your username.
We use Google Analytics, a third party service which creates its own set of cookies for the purpose of compiling a number of statistical reports. The information gathered is completely anonymous and is used to assess a wide variety of website activities, including how our site is navigated and what pages are most popular. If you would prefer that Google did not track about your browsing habits, you can install a browser add-on to opt-out.
Finding our Offices
We may also use a number of third party, social media plug-ins including but not limited to Google's '+1' button, Facebook's 'Like Box', Twitter's 'Follow Button' and LinkedIn's 'Share' and 'Follow' buttons. We use these services for the convenience of our visitors, allowing them to access up to the minute information as well as recommend our services to others.
To learn more about each organisations' privacy policies, please visit the links provided below:
How to Disable Cookies
The settings that decide how your browser handles cookies will typically be found in the 'Options' or 'Preferences' menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful; otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your browser for more details.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. If there is no such box, the information will never be used in that way.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at info@SWRLS.org.uk.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to SWRLS CIO, University of Gloucestershire, The Park, Cheltenham, GL50 2RH.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by SWRLS CIO and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of SWRLS CIO. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, SWRLS CIO takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.