SWRLS has members from across the South West of England and the Channel Islands. Libraries of any size and description can join.
There are currently fifty eight members: twenty-one public library services, (including 4 associate members from Co-South*) twelve university libraries, twenty FE / Special colleges, two schools / sixth form colleges, one health and two national libraries.
You can find out more about our members from their websites below or by hovering your mouse over the authority are names on the map above and clicking on the links. Many of them also have online catalogues and where they are separate from the main website, links are given below as well.
SWRLS Members' websites by local authority area
Bath & North East Somerset
- Cirencester College
- Gloucestershire College
- Gloucestershire County Council Libraries & Information
- Royal Forest of Dean College is now merged with Gloucestershire College
- Stroud College merged with Filton Feb 12, now South Gloucestershire and Stroud College
- University of Gloucestershire
Isle of Wight
* The boundaries of the Library Regions were altered in 2000 to co-terminate with the regional Government Office areas. Five public library authorities were thereby moved from the South West region into a new South East region. As no new Regional Library System had been set up for the South East, four of the five libraries became associate members of SWRLS. The fifth, Oxforshire, decided to leave SWRLS. [Back to text]