Other Related Organisations
- Arts Council -Arts Council England now represents arts, museums and libraries, having assumed some of the functions of the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council (MLA), on 1 October 11.
- ASLIB — the Association for Information Management.
- BUBL — information service for the higher education community. BUBL lists selected Internet resources covering all subject areas, with a special focus on Library and Information Science.
PDF, 33kB) — the Co-operative of Indic Language Library Authorities is a complete professional library service for Indic Languages run by OCLC. Quarterly book selection meetings are held in Birmingham, London and Glasgow. [Adobe accessibility tools for
- CILIP — Chartered Institute of Library and Information professionals.
- The Combined Regions — the organisation whose aim is to provide a national union catlaogue in partnership with OCLC, is made up of representatives from most of the Regional Library Systems in the British Isles.
- CONARLS — the Circle of Officers of National And Regional Library Systems is now a working group of The Combined Regions (TCR)
- Forum for Interlending and Information Delivery ( FIL) — organisation for interlending and document supply personnel, made up mainly from academic library staff.
- DX Services — formerly Hays DX, a company used by many libraries across the country for transporting items on inter-library loan.
- Regional Cultural Consortium — their mission is to 'provide strong strategic leadership to people interested in the region's cultural development and work with partners to celebrate, champion and increase cultural opportunities across the South West'.
- TCR -The Combined Regions — the organisation whose aim is to provide a national union catlaogue in partnership with OCLC, is made up of representatives from most of the Regional Library Systems in the British Isles
- UKOLN — formerly the UK Office for Library and Information Networking, now simply UKOLN, an organisation specialising in digital librarianship based at the University of Bath.